Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry position setting(emergency help)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear reader, There have an emergency ,I imported a 2D geometry file from DXF to comsol, but how to set the position of this 2D geometry freely(that means x and y axis coordinates)?

I think that may be a simple setup, does there anyone have any good suggestions? Thany you so much!

1 Reply Last Post 05.05.2021, 16:17 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 05.05.2021, 16:17 GMT-4
  1. If you want to move your imported geometry in x, y, or both, you can use "move" operations. Right click on Geometry, then choose Transforms --> Move.
  2. If you want to scale your imported geometry in x, y, or both, then right click on Geometry, then choose Transforms --> Scale. (Scaling doesn't have to to isotropic.)
  3. If you want to rotate your imported geometry, then right click on Geometry, then choose Transforms --> Rotate.

I hope that helps.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
1. If you want to *move* your imported geometry in x, y, or both, you can use "move" operations. Right click on Geometry, then choose Transforms --> Move. 2. If you want to *scale* your imported geometry in x, y, or both, then right click on Geometry, then choose Transforms --> Scale. (Scaling doesn't have to to isotropic.) 3. If you want to *rotate* your imported geometry, then right click on Geometry, then choose Transforms --> Rotate. I hope that helps.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.