Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to control output E field intensity with more than one ports (with wave excitation on) in the wave optics module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

So I am working on a 2d wave optics model with 2 light sources using frequency-domain study. I use two ports with wave excitation on as two light sources. I set two ports with the same input power and the same Ez field, but the results show that the two waves excited by those ports have different intensity. Can anybody help me out with this problem?

Here are my port settings (two ports have settings): Port type: user defined (I want to change phase of the output wave) Wave excitation: on (Active interior port silt condition) Port input power: 10^(-6) w Silt type: PEC backed Input quantity: Electric field (0, 0, 1) V/m Propagation const: 0 Mode phase: 0

I'm struggling to upload some image to make everything clear, but it is not very easy to do so :) ...

0 Replies Last Post 24.04.2021, 12:54 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chuhongxu Chen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.