Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving mesh unable to reach the boundary

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey guys, I'm simulating a back-and-forth movement in a dual-syringe system. So I'm using moving mesh to simulate to movement of syringe pistons. One problem I had is that I couldn't set the pistons to go all the way to the edge. So I had to limit the range of the moving mesh, once it's close to 80% of the full syringe range, it will report an error saying "Failed to create mapped mesh for domain". May I ask if this is something common, that moving mesh can't get close to the boundaries? Is there way around this? I attached the error message and a screenshot of my model. Many thanks in advance!

0 Replies Last Post 18.03.2021, 16:42 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jiannan Li

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.