Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Difference Solution with the same model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have run the model in frequency domain, radio frequency module with 2 sets of model parameters.

Case1: If I run data set1 directly, I can get one solution. Case2: However, if I run the model with data set2 before I run it with set1. The solution I got for set1 is different from case1. I have already clear all solution, delete the study and add the new one, compact history. The result still remain the same.

The reason I ask for this because I want to operate my problem in livelink to matlab. So, I have matlab code to generate differnt sets of model parameters and command comsol to run in loops. I don't know whether the previous run on the same model may affect the next run or not.

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post 09.03.2021, 19:06 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 09.03.2021, 19:06 GMT-5

Found the bug!

In parameter set2 on of the geometry face has the same level with other. So, one of the boundary conditions was automatically merge together. That's why the result look wierd.

Found the bug! In parameter set2 on of the geometry face has the same level with other. So, one of the boundary conditions was automatically merge together. That's why the result look wierd.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.