Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error: You must specify the source.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I do not understand this error.

I have only one kind of physics selected, conjugate heat transfer.

I have two separated domains, each with a solid piece between them. The domains are bounded by Temperature & Inlet, Outlet & Outflow, and Wall, so the boundaries are complete.

I am confused, I see no mention of this error on the internet. Please help.

2 Replies Last Post 25.10.2015, 15:49 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 27.04.2012, 02:22 GMT-4
Hi

probably you have forgottena source term, you need enough BC per physics/dependent variables to get an unique solution, an congugated HT is a multiphyics case with many dependent varaibles: velocity field, temperature, pressure ...

All must be correctly defined w.r.t. initial and BC conditions, and the sufficient number of times depending on the order of the equations solved, for each variables. COMSOl looks after several of them but generally you must add specific BCs for u,p,T

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi probably you have forgottena source term, you need enough BC per physics/dependent variables to get an unique solution, an congugated HT is a multiphyics case with many dependent varaibles: velocity field, temperature, pressure ... All must be correctly defined w.r.t. initial and BC conditions, and the sufficient number of times depending on the order of the equations solved, for each variables. COMSOl looks after several of them but generally you must add specific BCs for u,p,T -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 25.10.2015, 15:49 GMT-4
Hello,

For information, I had this error because I implemented some equations with a simple geometric model. I build a specific mesh for this geometry. Then, when my equation system was working, I delete the old geometry for a new one more complex.

The old mesh step was still there and "source" was about one of the step of the meshing procedure.

Just delete your old step in the meshing procedure in order to be able to make a new mesh.

Nicolas
Hello, For information, I had this error because I implemented some equations with a simple geometric model. I build a specific mesh for this geometry. Then, when my equation system was working, I delete the old geometry for a new one more complex. The old mesh step was still there and "source" was about one of the step of the meshing procedure. Just delete your old step in the meshing procedure in order to be able to make a new mesh. Nicolas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.