Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Difference between Imported CAD units and Comsol Units

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a problem. I used a CAD program (NX 7.5) to create the structure. Now I want to import this structure. The problem is the units in NX 7.5 are millimeters. In COMSOl it is meters. This means the import tolerance is too low to import it and the structure will be very small. Can I circumvent this problem somehow?

2 Replies Last Post 28.01.2014, 05:25 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 05.04.2012, 10:38 GMT-4
Hi

What about using the check box "use COMSOL units" or "use CAD units" (if your CAD is transferring the units in the file so that COMSOL can understand.

The other way around, is in the geoemtry tab to set the units to "mm", ideally before you import your CAD ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi What about using the check box "use COMSOL units" or "use CAD units" (if your CAD is transferring the units in the file so that COMSOL can understand. The other way around, is in the geoemtry tab to set the units to "mm", ideally before you import your CAD ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 28.01.2014, 05:25 GMT-5
hello, I just visited to this thread (www.raph.com/3dartists/forums/viewTopic?tid=7823) and it seems to be relates to CAD, so I just thought to share such stuff here. I am a CAD engineer and a beginner for Comsol. It could be great if you can provide me some information about 3D architecture modeling..
hello, I just visited to this thread (http://www.raph.com/3dartists/forums/viewTopic?tid=7823) and it seems to be relates to CAD, so I just thought to share such stuff here. I am a CAD engineer and a beginner for Comsol. It could be great if you can provide me some information about 3D architecture modeling..

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.