Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time dependent - study

Prakash S Sensor and Power electronics converter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All, I am Using COMSOL for simulating my transformer model. In my project, I am using "magnetic field" and "electrical circuit" physics, with "coil geometry analysis" and "time-dependent" study.

Actually, I am following the " models.acdc.ecore_transformer5.4 " tutorial to simulate my model. In this tutorial, they used one primary and secondary winding. I followed the same procedure in my model also, I have got output.

But, I have an issue when I introduce one more secondary to my model. The configuration for the newly added coil is properly configured in the "magnetic field" and "electrical circuit" Physics.

The issue occurred in the "Time-dependent" study. Those errors I mentioned below.

Nonlinear solver did not converge. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. There was an error message from the linear solver. The relative residual (0.025) is greater than the relative tolerance. Time : 0 Last time step is not converged.

(Note: I am getting output for one primary and secondary, but not for one primary and two secondaries)

Please let me know where i need to reconfigure the solver to solve my issue.

Thank you, Prakash S

-------------------
M.S (Electrical Engineering),
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Chennai 600036

0 Replies Last Post 17.11.2020, 05:06 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Prakash S

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.