Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Divide by zero in parametric sweep - ridge waveguide

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm new to COMSOL and am running into an error when trying to perform a parametric sweep of the height/width of the core of a silicon waveguide. The error is

• Parameters: "h_core","8E-7" The following feature has encountered a problem:
  • Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1) Division by zero.
  • Function: / Failed to evaluate expression.
  • Expression: abs(try_catch(comp1.ewbe.port2.Pin,1)/comp1.ewbe.Pmode_2) Failed to evaluate variable.
  • Variable: comp1.ewbe.tEmodex_2
  • Defined as: sqrt(abs(try_catch(comp1.ewbe.port2.Pin,1)/comp1.ewbe.Pmode_2))*comp1.ewbe.tE0modex_2 Failed to evaluate expression.
  • Expression: nojac(comp1.ewbe.tEmodex_2) Failed to evaluate variable.
  • Variable: comp1.ewbe.PortConstrx
  • Defined as: nojac(comp1.ewbe.tEmodex_2)if((abs(unit_rad_cfarg(comp1.ewbe.beta_2))<=(0.25pi))||(abs(unit_rad_cfarg(comp1.ewbe.beta_2))>=(pi*0.75)),comp1.ewbe.S2x,0) Failed to evaluate expression.
  • Expression: comp1.ewbe.tEx-comp1.ewbe.PortConstrx

Im not sure why there is an error, i can run the simulation for one value at time with no error for the values I am inputting into the sweep

I'm sure its an easy fix but I am new to the software and am not sure how to go about it

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 09.11.2020, 22:17 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Travis Gartner

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.