Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting the I-V characteristics of a DC glow discharge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm having trouble figuring out the equations that I should input to the discharge current-voltage characteristics of the plasma. In literature it's often used against experimental results as a measure of the model's accuracy.

My approach was doing a parametric sweep over the resistance of the circuit to measure a series of different currents over the log scale, but I don't actually know how to get the discharge voltage and current in question.

I've attached the DC model from the application gallery:

In there I've attempted to plot the IV characteristics under results. The voltage equation used was copied from page 13 of the following presentation:

https://www.comsol.dk/paper/download/83961/tong_presentation.pdf

The equations to solve those are shown in the png attached.

If you could explain to me how to do it, or direct me to any resources that would be useful. I'd greatly appreciate it.

1 Reply Last Post 19.12.2020, 07:54 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohamad A

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 19.12.2020, 07:54 GMT-5

Hello,did you solve this problem?Now,I have the same question with you.Looking forward to your good news.

Hello,did you solve this problem?Now,I have the same question with you.Looking forward to your good news.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.