Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can Anybody Plz Direct Me On How To Properly Set Up Study Module For Mechano-Electrochemical Coupling In COMSOL?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to reproduce some results in a published work entitled " A finite element based model for prediction of corrosion defect growth on pipelines". The simulation was possible through sequential coupling when static studies are performed as presented by COMSOL case www.comsol.co.in/model/stress-corrosion-39121 . The issues is when looking at the long life of the defect (time dependent study). I have tried to do one study, with three steps: step1: stationary solid mechanics (solves for only solid mechanics) step2: current distribution initialization ( solves for secondary current and deformed geometry). step3: time dependent which solves for the following 1. solid mechanics; 2. secondary current distribution; 3. deformed geometry. I was never able to predict an increase in the stress in the location of defect center (as shown in the paper). So any help/guidance would be appreciated for solving this issue? Hint! I my be setting up the simulation wrong But, just to add up, i keep getting inverted meshing element no matter what mesh i use when using time dependent study.

I can share my simulation if someone is willing to help! Regards,

0 Replies Last Post 04.10.2020, 13:51 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hessein Ali

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.