Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to induce voltage in a circular coil due to the rotation of circular array of magnets in its premises

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Rotor in my model is already rotating, but no voltage induces in the coil. I don't know what I have not defined in it. Can anybody have a look at it for me and guide me?

1 Reply Last Post 06.05.2020, 18:12 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 06.05.2020, 18:12 GMT-4
Updated: 4 years ago 06.05.2020, 18:13 GMT-4
  1. It might be a good idea to post your model to the forum so others can see what you did in detail. This would probably help a lot.
  2. Are your rotating your magnets and/or coil in a manner such that the magnetic flux going through the coil is staying constant? If so, that would explain why you are not inducing any emf.
-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
1. It might be a good idea to post your model to the forum so others can see what you did in detail. This would probably help a lot. 2. Are your rotating your magnets and/or coil in a manner such that the magnetic flux going through the coil is staying constant? If so, that would explain why you are not inducing any emf.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.