Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Implementing periodic BC to moving mesh method

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear friends, hi, I have a two phase flow problem including a bubble and I am using moving mesh method. I want to apply periodic BC to the top and bottom of my computational domain. Every thing is Ok till for example when the bubble reaches the bottom of the domain. What expected is that the bubble continues to fall and begins falling again from the top boundary, but this does not happen. When my bubble reaches the bottom boundary, I get an error and Comsol stops computing. First, Is there any way to solve the problem? Second, if periodic boundary condition does not work with moving mesh method, why is it includend in the boundary conditions?!!!

Thank you very much Hamid

0 Replies Last Post 30.04.2020, 15:15 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hamid Rafie

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.