Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to select multiple boundries?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi:

I have constructed the metasurface geometry with matlab script. Now I'm trying to creat mesh, but as in the picture, there are way too many surface to select manually, and it seems that the number of every surface is not sequencial. So, How can I select all top surface of every pillar at once?

Thank you! Chang Chang

2 Replies Last Post 20.03.2020, 05:53 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago 18.03.2020, 08:22 GMT-4

Hello Chang,

There are several tools in the GUI to create selections without picking entities one by one. They are accessed through the Model Builder under the Component > Definitions > Selections . One of them will select entities in a cylinder; that should work for your case. Note that you can also perform boolean operations on selections, etc, see Chapter 6 in the Reference Manual (Accessible through File > Help > Documentation, as always).

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Chang, There are several tools in the GUI to create selections without picking entities one by one. They are accessed through the Model Builder under the Component > Definitions > Selections . One of them will select entities in a cylinder; that should work for your case. Note that you can also perform boolean operations on selections, etc, see Chapter 6 in the Reference Manual (Accessible through File > Help > Documentation, as always). Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 4 years ago 20.03.2020, 05:53 GMT-4

Thank you, Jeff. That helped a lot.

Thank you, Jeff. That helped a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.