Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Java runtime error occured when I computing model and COMSOL was shut down.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

There was no problem when I compute model with respect to 'heat transfer solid' only.

But when I compute model with respect to 'heat transfer solid' and 'solid mechanics' , after I click the compute button, COMSOL suddenly shut down. And log file is created.

I think there is no problem in model because I can compute it at another computer(It's specifications are lower than mine in every aspect!!!).

Is AMD ryzen not compatible with COMSOL Multiphysics? If it isn't the reason of failure, what is the cause of this problem??

There is log below.

#**

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO (0xc0000094) at pc=0x00007ffa48d99f82, pid=11324, tid=11596

I tried again with COMSOL Multiphysics 5.0, it was also shut down and another log file is created. The log is below.

#

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xc000001d) at pc=0x00007ffa41ac9fa2, pid=14224, tid=9884

#

Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

Again, there is no problem in model and formula.

* My computer comprises ryzen 5 3600(RAM), Samsung DDR4 16GB(RAM), ASUS a320m gaming(M/B) and GTX 1660 super.

Please let me know how to fix it.

0 Replies Last Post 02.02.2020, 23:30 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lee Hyeonho

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.