Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Basic Optics in v4.0a (Brewster, Snell etc.)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am fairly new to COMSOL and am hoping to use it to model the optics of components around a few wavelengths to sub-wavelength scales. I have worked my way through the plasmonic wire grating and photonic crystal waveguide examples (although the plasmonic wire grating example didn't produce the right results).

Does anyone have the Brewster's Angle example in 2D for v4.0a? I am looking to just start with some relatively simple optics before moving on to more complicated models. Or alternatively any advice on simple optics like Snell's law would be good too.

So far I am even unable to get a plane wave to propagate in a box of air using a scattering boundary condition to launch the wave and scattering boundary conditions or PMLs as absorbers around the edges.

Any help whatsoever would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance,
David

1 Reply Last Post 06.12.2011, 12:30 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.12.2011, 12:30 GMT-5
Here is another useful model:
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/8610/
Here is another useful model: http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/8610/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.