Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parameter names not recognized in Inlet Release Time Range

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Using Comsol 4.2a, Charged Particle Tracing & Electrostatics model with time dependent study. 2d axisymetric model.
The model is attached.

I have defined a beam transmission time for the time dependent study as a parameter. Then I defined a time step as 1/100 of the beam transmission time.

the plan was to define the release times for the particles with range(0, time_step, beam_transmission_time) and the time dependent study with the same range(0, time_step, beam_transmission_time).

think is the time dependent study accepts the recognizes the parameters in the range, but the release time in the inlet does not.

Any Suggestions? Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Roy

3 Replies Last Post 13.02.2014, 12:57 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.11.2011, 16:13 GMT-5
related problem:

I define a variable for the number of particles per release. Enter an expression of 10 for parameter, it's value is displayed at 10.000.

i get this error if I try to run the model with the parameter in the number of perticles per release box.

Syntax error in low-level element syntax representation.
- Index: 29
- Type: elparticle
- Field: nparticles
Error in multiphysics compilation.
- Detail: Field is not an integer

hmmm, field is not an integer? because it is evaluated to 10.000... ok, look for a mathfunction to force parameter to be interger, use round(num_part_per_release)

same error...

i.e. seems you have to type in a number in this box... BUG!

related problem: I define a variable for the number of particles per release. Enter an expression of 10 for parameter, it's value is displayed at 10.000. i get this error if I try to run the model with the parameter in the number of perticles per release box. Syntax error in low-level element syntax representation. - Index: 29 - Type: elparticle - Field: nparticles Error in multiphysics compilation. - Detail: Field is not an integer hmmm, field is not an integer? because it is evaluated to 10.000... ok, look for a mathfunction to force parameter to be interger, use round(num_part_per_release) same error... i.e. seems you have to type in a number in this box... BUG!

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.07.2012, 13:05 GMT-4
I am using AC/DC module coupled with Particle tracing. I get this error when I run the model.

I followed the steps of the youtube link www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPybl6Vcacw.

Syntax error in low-level element syntax representation.
- Index: 43
- Type: elparticle
- Field: posgrid
Error in multiphysics compilation.
- Detail: Missing field

I appreciate any help!

I am using AC/DC module coupled with Particle tracing. I get this error when I run the model. I followed the steps of the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPybl6Vcacw. Syntax error in low-level element syntax representation. - Index: 43 - Type: elparticle - Field: posgrid Error in multiphysics compilation. - Detail: Missing field I appreciate any help!

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.02.2014, 12:57 GMT-5
I, too, found a similar error. Entering 1e4 in the field for the number of particles resulted in the same error you reported. However, entering 10000 into the same field did not result in an error. It must be a bug.
I, too, found a similar error. Entering 1e4 in the field for the number of particles resulted in the same error you reported. However, entering 10000 into the same field did not result in an error. It must be a bug.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.