Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

CFD_Solid and liquid coupling problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have been doing a pump simulation but the results are incorrect. From literature, a valve less micropump should have sin wave inflow and outflow if a sin input is applied. However, my simulation result seems weird. Inflow is almost a mirror of the outflow (pls see attachment).

I am not sure what happened but at least all BCs are set up properly. Initial conditions are U0=0 and P=0. There are no errors or warnings popping up during the simulation.

Does anyone know the problem??

I appreciate any help or suggestions.

4 Replies Last Post 24.11.2011, 10:55 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.11.2011, 08:08 GMT-5
Any help & suggestions?

(*_*)

Any help & suggestions? (*_*)

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.11.2011, 21:35 GMT-5
The problem has been solved by myself.

What happened before was the error estimation and iteration.

I significantly increased both parameters and the results is reasonable.

Thank you guys.
The problem has been solved by myself. What happened before was the error estimation and iteration. I significantly increased both parameters and the results is reasonable. Thank you guys.

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.11.2011, 10:54 GMT-5
Hello Yang Wei,

I also have tried to do simulations on valveless, and my results are different from the literature.
Could you help me?

arlindo.neto@ee.ufcg.edu.br

Thanks
Hello Yang Wei, I also have tried to do simulations on valveless, and my results are different from the literature. Could you help me? arlindo.neto@ee.ufcg.edu.br Thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.11.2011, 10:55 GMT-5
Hi,

What`s your problem and what the differences you have received?

regards,

Yang
Hi, What`s your problem and what the differences you have received? regards, Yang

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.