Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Errors "JavaNullPointer" when inputting matrix with multigrid preconditioner

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, I'm using Livelink(TM) for Matlab(R). When I tried to run the solution after inputting matrix to an electrostatic model's stationary solver, the error came out with "java.lang.NullPointerException" and the server flashes and disappeared. I've checked a few settings and found that it was probably about the multigrid preconditioner. I think the InputMatrix node cannot work well if the stationary solver uses multigrid preconditioner. But why? Can anyone tell me? How can I solve this problem?

The picture below is the example commands I use. Maybe help understand.

So much thanks

Fei

1 Reply Last Post 11.07.2019, 07:37 GMT-4
Jesper Been COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 11.07.2019, 07:37 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 11.07.2019, 07:35 GMT-4

Hi,

I just did quick test and couldn't repeat the error, but without your model it isn't really conclusive. I recommend that you update COMSOL to the newest version and if that doesn't change anything contact Support.

Best Regards, Jesper Been COMSOL

Hi, I just did quick test and couldn't repeat the error, but without your model it isn't really conclusive. I recommend that you update COMSOL to the newest version and if that doesn't change anything contact Support. Best Regards, Jesper Been COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.