Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

modelling of this mathematical equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i want to implement mathematical equation for my model but i am not able to find any tutorial for it .so plz help.

dT/dt=k1/b(k2x-T(1+k2/k1)+A+bdx/dt).

in this T is the input i.e force and x is the elongation i.e output...rest all are constants.i was trying implementing this equation as ODE .

10 Replies Last Post 14.02.2013, 10:29 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.11.2011, 11:36 GMT-5
you should use a PDE Interface, either Coefficient or General Form PDE.

the right side of your equation will be the source term f, see the documentation.
you should use a PDE Interface, either Coefficient or General Form PDE. the right side of your equation will be the source term f, see the documentation.

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.11.2011, 22:28 GMT-5
but right side of my equation has dx/dt which is also a function of time ...every time its showing error about that variable is undefined.because i have only 1 equation .where how can i define that variable
but right side of my equation has dx/dt which is also a function of time ...every time its showing error about that variable is undefined.because i have only 1 equation .where how can i define that variable

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.11.2011, 01:00 GMT-5
I suppose u can impliment it as Xt on right side in the coefficent value f along with other variables and values ..
I suppose u can impliment it as Xt on right side in the coefficent value f along with other variables and values ..

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.11.2011, 13:53 GMT-5
You want to solve for T or for x???
You want to solve for T or for x???

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.11.2011, 22:26 GMT-5
T is my tension produced in the muscle and X is the elongation produced due to that tension ..i want to calculate 'X' i.e elongation in the muscle .
T is my tension produced in the muscle and X is the elongation produced due to that tension ..i want to calculate 'X' i.e elongation in the muscle .

Muhammad Mohsin Rehman

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.12.2011, 02:13 GMT-5
Hi Ramandeep,

Have you implemented your equation in COMSOL sussessfully?

Thanks.
Hi Ramandeep, Have you implemented your equation in COMSOL sussessfully? Thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.01.2012, 11:15 GMT-5
sir

no its showing error everytime as time dependent solver....unknown function.....but i have mentioned each and every parameter.i think i am missing some step.can u plz guide.

details

i need to calculate x that is elongation produced in the muscle wrt force applied.i have used cylindrical geometry and meshed .materials i have mentioned is of viscoelastic material.then i m using coefficient form of PDE .
sir no its showing error everytime as time dependent solver....unknown function.....but i have mentioned each and every parameter.i think i am missing some step.can u plz guide. details i need to calculate x that is elongation produced in the muscle wrt force applied.i have used cylindrical geometry and meshed .materials i have mentioned is of viscoelastic material.then i m using coefficient form of PDE .

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.01.2012, 13:21 GMT-5
Hi Ramandeep,

In the coefficient form PDE interface documentation, u is the dependent variable. Have you set up your equation in a way that your T is the dependent variable u in the doc?

You have to write your equation in a way that your dependent variable X is the u in the documentation. The terms with T will be in the source term f of the documentation.
Hi Ramandeep, In the coefficient form PDE interface documentation, u is the dependent variable. Have you set up your equation in a way that your T is the dependent variable u in the doc? You have to write your equation in a way that your dependent variable X is the u in the documentation. The terms with T will be in the source term f of the documentation.

Sirimala Chandrashekhar

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.02.2013, 09:47 GMT-5
you're refering to a documentation right ? where can I find this documentation ?
you're refering to a documentation right ? where can I find this documentation ?

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.02.2013, 10:29 GMT-5
I'm working with Comsol 4.2a, the documentation I'm referring to is:

COMSOL Multiphysics User's Guide
Chapter 15: Equation-Based Modeling
Section: Coefficient Form PDE
I'm working with Comsol 4.2a, the documentation I'm referring to is: COMSOL Multiphysics User's Guide Chapter 15: Equation-Based Modeling Section: Coefficient Form PDE

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.