Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation RF takes over ten hours

Matias Andres Arntzen

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am working in a simulation of a microwave dryer in the RF module of COMSOL 5.3a, I made the geometry in solidworks and then imported to the comsol. The model is a box with the material inside and have four microwave rectangular ports. I have the problem that when i try to simulate with frecuency of 1000Hz just to check the model it takes about ten seconds to simulate but when i do it with 915MHz that is the work frecuency it took around ten hours to solve it. I cant find the reason why it takes so long to solve it when i increase the frecuency, I have a Intel i7 4th generation 8gb ram. Thank you very much

1 Reply Last Post 10.07.2019, 16:25 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 10.07.2019, 16:25 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 10.07.2019, 16:18 GMT-4
  1. Your model at 1000 Hz, using the RF module, is probably producing mostly/all numerical noise. The wavelength is far too long for the RF module in a modest size man-made structure (like you probably have).
  2. There are MANY reasons your model at 915 MHz could be taking a long time. Imported geometries may not be meshed prudently, for example, so you may have edges or points with extremely fine meshes. You didn't say anything about the number of elements in your mesh, your mesh quality, your physics settings (for volumes, materials, surfaces, sources etc.) or your solver settings. All of those things matter, and they often matter a lot.
  3. If you post your model to this forum, you might get a far better/useful response for your specific issue(s). Good luck.
-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
1. Your model at 1000 Hz, using the RF module, is probably producing mostly/all numerical noise. The wavelength is far too long for the RF module in a modest size man-made structure (like you probably have). 2. There are MANY reasons your model at 915 MHz could be taking a long time. Imported geometries may not be meshed prudently, for example, so you may have edges or points with extremely fine meshes. You didn't say anything about the number of elements in your mesh, your mesh quality, your physics settings (for volumes, materials, surfaces, sources etc.) or your solver settings. All of those things matter, and they often matter a lot. 3. If you post your model to this forum, you might get a far better/useful response for your specific issue(s). Good luck.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.