Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Navier Stokes (2D flow between parallel plates) using coefficient form PDE

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

Hello,

I am trying to simulate incompressible flow between parallel plates by using the coefficient form pde, in order to get hang of modelling using the coeffcient form pde. I have used 3 coefficient form PDEs (one for x-momentum, one for y-momentum and one for continuity). The boundary conditions that I want to set are as follows:

u- given at inlet, 0 on top and bottom walls, not known at outlet v-0 at inlet, top and bottom walls, not known at outlet p- 0 at outlet, not known at inlet or top or bottom wall

I inserted Dirichlet Boundary conditions at 3 boundaries for the 2 equations related with velocity. However, the inbuilt zero flux Boundary condition still exisits at the outlet for both u and v and. Similarly for pressure (it is a dependent variable for the continuity equation), the zero flux boundary condition exists at the 3 boundaries other than outlet. I don't know how to overcome this problem.

Please help me as to how can I disable the zero flux boundary condition at the boundaries where it is not required.

0 Replies Last Post 11.04.2019, 14:25 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mihir Parekh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.