Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error: Internal error: cannot convert ElemStruct to int.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
last week I got a new computer (Windows 7 system) and just tried to run my Comsol models and an error occurs.
Whenever I try to run the study I get the following error:

Error in sweep: The following feature has encoutered a problem

- Fearture: Compile Equations: Frequency Domain (sol1/st1)
-Error: Internal error: cannot convert ElemStruct to int.
-Value: f6
Error in multiphysics compilation.

This happens with all my models (all ran well on the old computer which was also Windows 7 and also Comsol 4.2).

But when I start a the same models from a USB device no error occurs.
I attached a sceenshot of the error message if someone is interested.

Could anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks!
Annika

6 Replies Last Post 29.10.2013, 10:42 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 01.11.2011, 09:05 GMT-4
With a little more trial and error I finally found the cause for my problem:
my administrator put my actual name as my user name so it included special characters.

And it is not possible to set the path to external functions, if there are special chars included and you'll get my error.

So: new account, different name, everything works fine!
With a little more trial and error I finally found the cause for my problem: my administrator put my actual name as my user name so it included special characters. And it is not possible to set the path to external functions, if there are special chars included and you'll get my error. So: new account, different name, everything works fine!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 01.11.2011, 09:40 GMT-4
Hi

Obviously the old 7-bit ASCII character convention is still alive, deep thereunder ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Obviously the old 7-bit ASCII character convention is still alive, deep thereunder ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 04.05.2013, 06:49 GMT-4
Hello,
Today I try to run a new Comsol model,and the same error occurs,
Whenever I try to run the study of the model I get the same error as you.
But there are no errors occur when I run other models.

The following feature has encoutered a problem
- Fearture: Compile Equations: Stationary (sol2/st1)
Internal error: cannot convert ElemStruct to int.
- Value: d7

I have changed the administor and the computer name. But when I run the model again, the error occurs too.

Thanks!
Tengfei Zheng
Hello, Today I try to run a new Comsol model,and the same error occurs, Whenever I try to run the study of the model I get the same error as you. But there are no errors occur when I run other models. The following feature has encoutered a problem - Fearture: Compile Equations: Stationary (sol2/st1) -Error: Internal error: cannot convert ElemStruct to int. Internal error: cannot convert ElemStruct to int. - Value: d7 Error in multiphysics compilation. I have changed the administor and the computer name. But when I run the model again, the error occurs too. Could anybody help me with this problem? Thanks! Tengfei Zheng

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.05.2013, 02:34 GMT-4
Hello,
Today I try to run a new Comsol model,and the same error occurs,
Whenever I try to run the study of the model I get the same error as you.
But there are no errors occur when I run other models.

The following feature has encoutered a problem
- Fearture: Compile Equations: Stationary (sol2/st1)
Internal error: cannot convert ElemStruct to int.
- Value: d7

I have changed the administor and the computer name. But when I run the model again, the error occurs too.

Thanks!
Tengfei Zheng
Hello, Today I try to run a new Comsol model,and the same error occurs, Whenever I try to run the study of the model I get the same error as you. But there are no errors occur when I run other models. The following feature has encoutered a problem - Fearture: Compile Equations: Stationary (sol2/st1) -Error: Internal error: cannot convert ElemStruct to int. Internal error: cannot convert ElemStruct to int. - Value: d7 Error in multiphysics compilation. I have changed the administor and the computer name. But when I run the model again, the error occurs too. Could anybody help me with this problem? Thanks! Tengfei Zheng

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.05.2013, 03:21 GMT-4
Hello

Have you just changed the names or created new user accounts?

Which windows are you using and where is Comsol installed?

Hello [QUOTE] I have changed the administor and the computer name. But when I run the model again, the error occurs too. [/QUOTE] Have you just changed the names or created new user accounts? Which windows are you using and where is Comsol installed?

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.10.2013, 10:42 GMT-4
Hy...

I am getting the following error: internal error cannot convert elementstruct to int

Can i know about the remedy. I changed the mesh size also but it didnt work.
Hy... I am getting the following error: internal error cannot convert elementstruct to int Can i know about the remedy. I changed the mesh size also but it didnt work.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.