Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Discretization

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Which discretization method would you recommend for concentrations in the Electroanalysis node? Default is linear.

Lasse

1 Reply Last Post 04.04.2019, 05:19 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 04.04.2019, 05:19 GMT-4

Yet another question: I prefer converting equations into a dimensionless form in order to minimize the number of adjustable parameters. COMSOL seems to multiply the current automatically with the Faraday constant, right? Hence, in order to get the dimensionless current, I need to divide the COMSOL values with F? Otherwise I do not understand the high values of the current (should be 0.4463 in a simple cyclic voltammogram).

Lasse

Yet another question: I prefer converting equations into a dimensionless form in order to minimize the number of adjustable parameters. COMSOL seems to multiply the current automatically with the Faraday constant, right? Hence, in order to get the dimensionless current, I need to divide the COMSOL values with F? Otherwise I do not understand the high values of the current (should be 0.4463 in a simple cyclic voltammogram). Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.