Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2 infinite

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello
i'm having trouble, trying to simulate, 2 adjacent wires (one above the other) with external current density passing through them and I'm trying to measure the magnetic flux created.
the problem starts when I'm trying to set one of the wires to be infinite.
I tried to cut the wire into 3 pieces and defined the external 2 as infinite elements, but it didn't work.
any idea what i did wrong?

1 Reply Last Post 29.10.2011, 05:58 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.10.2011, 05:58 GMT-4
Hi Orokin,

Perhaps do you have defined the infinite elements in a cylinder as it is preset and is trying to extrapolate the outter bondaries of the cylinder to infinite, which probably is not what you are interested in.

Check if you are using the default cylinder extrapolation, if so right click and add manually the extrapolation nodes by writting in each box in which direction should the cylinder extend its boundaries.

BR.

Joan
Hi Orokin, Perhaps do you have defined the infinite elements in a cylinder as it is preset and is trying to extrapolate the outter bondaries of the cylinder to infinite, which probably is not what you are interested in. Check if you are using the default cylinder extrapolation, if so right click and add manually the extrapolation nodes by writting in each box in which direction should the cylinder extend its boundaries. BR. Joan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.