Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Joule Heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Guys Salaam I am doing simulation of IC pins On Comsol. My Objective is to evaluate the joule heating effect on the IC Pins due to the injection of electirc current pulse.

While simulation, I have encountered a problem given. If someone guides me what does this error means.

ERROR

Undefined variable. - Variable: PortName - Global scope Failed to evaluate operator. - Operator: if - Global scope Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: if(PortName==1,if((comp1.ec.term1.int(comp1.ec.I0)/comp1.ec.term1.int(1))!=0,comp1.ec.term1.int(comp1.ec.I0)/comp1.ec.term1.int(1),1),0) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.ec.I0_1 - Defined as: if(PortName==1,if((comp1.ec.term1.int(comp1.ec.I0)/comp1.ec.term1.int(1))!=0,comp1.ec.term1.int(comp1.ec.I0)/comp1.ec.term1.int(1),1),0) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: d(comp1.ec.I0_1test(comp1.ec.term1.V0_ode),{test@1}) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression. - Expression: comp1.ec.I0_1test(comp1.ec.term1.V0_ode) error in COMSOL

1 Reply Last Post 17.08.2018, 04:15 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 17.08.2018, 04:15 GMT-4

Hi,

I think you use Activate manual terminal sweep option in Electric Current Interface. So, To solve this problem, you need to setup PortName in Global Definitions > Parameters, and then add Parametric Sweep in Study.

See the example model.

PortName is 1, left boundary condition works. PortName is 2, right boundary condition works.

Thanks.

Hi, I think you use **Activate manual terminal sweep** option in Electric Current Interface. So, To solve this problem, you need to setup PortName in Global Definitions > Parameters, and then add Parametric Sweep in Study. See the example model. PortName is 1, left boundary condition works. PortName is 2, right boundary condition works. Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.