Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

help with permanent Magnet synchronous motor simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am having issues with this simulation. I am trying to see field lines and eventually get a Torque read out. I think the issue is something small, but I can't find the issue.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

5 Replies Last Post 09.05.2014, 06:31 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.06.2011, 06:57 GMT-4
Hi,

i assume you are using 4.1.

you have a big issues there, i think.

the materials are not completly defined. you have a huge permanent magnet on the stator. Br = 0.84[T]*x/sqrt(x^2+y^2) should enough.

the external current denstiy should be time-dependent, like I*cos(omega*t)

try to learn 2D generator from modell library.

good luck
regards
akmal

Hi, i assume you are using 4.1. you have a big issues there, i think. the materials are not completly defined. you have a huge permanent magnet on the stator. Br = 0.84[T]*x/sqrt(x^2+y^2) should enough. the external current denstiy should be time-dependent, like I*cos(omega*t) try to learn 2D generator from modell library. good luck regards akmal

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.06.2011, 09:11 GMT-4
Thanks a lot.

I am actually using version 4.0. When I change the external current density to be time dependent it states that there is an unexpected unit of input.

Also all I see is a generator_3D in the model library.
Thanks a lot. I am actually using version 4.0. When I change the external current density to be time dependent it states that there is an unexpected unit of input. Also all I see is a generator_3D in the model library.

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.06.2011, 09:37 GMT-4
Thanks a lot.

I am actually using version 4.0. When I change the external current density to be time dependent it states that there is an unexpected unit of input.

Also all I see is a generator_3D in the model library.
Thanks a lot. I am actually using version 4.0. When I change the external current density to be time dependent it states that there is an unexpected unit of input. Also all I see is a generator_3D in the model library.

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.06.2011, 14:40 GMT-4
Hi N Far,

We've also been working on a permanent magnet synchronous motor. Maybe you can use something of the model we made and have just posted on this forum. It's been made in Comsol 4.1, though. It can be found in www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/19133/

We've used the multiple turn coil domain and it takes care of some of the coil characteristics. Also you might be able to reduce the size of your model by simulating just a small part, using the symmetric boundary conditions.

Kind regards,
Onno Postma
Hi N Far, We've also been working on a permanent magnet synchronous motor. Maybe you can use something of the model we made and have just posted on this forum. It's been made in Comsol 4.1, though. It can be found in http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/19133/ We've used the multiple turn coil domain and it takes care of some of the coil characteristics. Also you might be able to reduce the size of your model by simulating just a small part, using the symmetric boundary conditions. Kind regards, Onno Postma

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.05.2014, 06:31 GMT-4
I came accross a very interesting website with more info on this product: www.directindustry.com/industrial-manufacturer/synchronous-motor-60998.html

I came accross a very interesting website with more info on this product: http://www.directindustry.com/industrial-manufacturer/synchronous-motor-60998.html

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.