Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Syngas Combustion in a Round-Jet Burner

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In the PDF document of the case" Syngas Combustion in a Round-Jet Burner", there is a mistake in the "Modeling Instructions" part, in page 13, the procedure 6th of the "Add PHYSICS", for "Mass fraction" table were in the TCS interface not in the Turbulent Flow interface, so it seemed that there is some procedure omitted in the procedure between the 4th to 6th procedure accoroding to the corresponding mph file

Best wishes,

Gao

3 Replies Last Post 03.07.2018, 18:23 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 03.07.2018, 08:15 GMT-4

We will look into it.

Please note that the Discussion Forum is primarily intended for conversations between COMSOL users. To communicate with COMSOL's staff and to report potential documentation issues, we recommend that you email support@comsol.com .

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
We will look into it. Please note that the Discussion Forum is primarily intended for conversations between COMSOL users. To communicate with COMSOL's staff and to report potential documentation issues, we recommend that you email support@comsol.com . Best, Jeff

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 03.07.2018, 09:37 GMT-4

Hi Fei,

The instructions are correct. In the Add Physics window, you are adding a Reacting Flow multiphysics interface, which includes both a Turbulent Flow (spf) interface and a Transport of Concentration Species (tcs) interface, so under Dependent Variables in that window, you can define the dependent variables for both the turbulent flow and the species transport.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Hi Fei, The instructions are correct. In the **Add Physics** window, you are adding a Reacting Flow multiphysics interface, which includes both a Turbulent Flow (spf) interface and a Transport of Concentration Species (tcs) interface, so under **Dependent Variables** in that window, you can define the dependent variables for both the turbulent flow and the species transport. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 6 years ago 03.07.2018, 18:23 GMT-4
Updated: 6 years ago 03.07.2018, 18:39 GMT-4

We will look into it.

Please note that the Discussion Forum is primarily intended for conversations between COMSOL users. To communicate with COMSOL's staff and to report potential documentation issues, we recommend that you email support@comsol.com .

Best,

Jeff

Ok, Thank you for your advice, and I would improve my way.

Hi Fei,

The instructions are correct. In the Add Physics window, you are adding a Reacting Flow multiphysics interface, which includes both a Turbulent Flow (spf) interface and a Transport of Concentration Species (tcs) interface, so under Dependent Variables in that window, you can define the dependent variables for both the turbulent flow and the species transport.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Thank you for your professional advice, I have found the difference between adding a reacting flow and a spf, and I have solved the problem .

>We will look into it. > >Please note that the Discussion Forum is primarily intended for conversations between COMSOL users. To communicate with COMSOL's staff and to report potential documentation issues, we recommend that you email support@comsol.com . > >Best, > >Jeff Ok, Thank you for your advice, and I would improve my way. >Hi Fei, > >The instructions are correct. In the **Add Physics** window, you are adding a Reacting Flow multiphysics interface, which includes both a Turbulent Flow (spf) interface and a Transport of Concentration Species (tcs) interface, so under **Dependent Variables** in that window, you can define the dependent variables for both the turbulent flow and the species transport. > >Best regards, > >Magnus Ringh, COMSOL Thank you for your professional advice, I have found the difference between adding a reacting flow and a spf, and I have solved the problem .

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.