Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

photothermal or laser heating simulation in Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am new to Comsol. I am trying to simulate the temperature rising of the plasmonic structure during the laser illumination. Assuming the Electromagnetic wave plus the heat transfer will do the job. According to the suggestion from the Comsol support, one heat source was added using the total power loss of the electromagnetic wave. However, it doesn't work.
I have attached the model below. Apprecieate suggestions.

2 Replies Last Post 07.05.2017, 10:05 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xiangping Li

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.04.2012, 01:34 GMT-4
Hi,
Did you ever solve this issue? I'm doing something VERY similar involving nanostructures, photoexcitation and a phase change.

I'd be interested to hear any solutions you found.

Cheers
Stu
Hi, Did you ever solve this issue? I'm doing something VERY similar involving nanostructures, photoexcitation and a phase change. I'd be interested to hear any solutions you found. Cheers Stu

Posted: 7 years ago 07.05.2017, 10:05 GMT-4
Hello,Xiangping Li
I am facing the same question. If you have solved this problem,I wish you can share some experience with me. And I notice maybe you are a Chinese people. If it is ture ,could you tell me your wechat or something? I am very comfused by Comsol.
Thank you
Hello,Xiangping Li I am facing the same question. If you have solved this problem,I wish you can share some experience with me. And I notice maybe you are a Chinese people. If it is ture ,could you tell me your wechat or something? I am very comfused by Comsol. Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.