Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

transport of diluted species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello I am simulating NH4-N reduction process when there is microbe existing in the groundwater,while I find the concentration drops fast in just one days and keeping almost the same later.I wanna know how to solve the problem and why this phenomena exists. Any help is appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post 26.03.2018, 07:07 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 26.03.2018, 07:07 GMT-4

Hi

First, look at the concentration scale, the concentration drops only less than 1%. What is the size of the droplets? In the small scale diffusion is very fast, especially in spherical symmetry. Therefore, steady-state is reached almost instantaneously. You did not give any closer details, so it is difficult to comment any further.

BR Lasse

Hi First, look at the concentration scale, the concentration drops only less than 1%. What is the size of the droplets? In the small scale diffusion is very fast, especially in spherical symmetry. Therefore, steady-state is reached almost instantaneously. You did not give any closer details, so it is difficult to comment any further. BR Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.