Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convergence problem with stationary study under solid mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I made a microstructured fiber and studied it using RF modeule. I got the the expected resluts using the mesh setting I entered. Now I want to study its response to changing external pressure for which I am using solid mechanics to find normal and sheer stress components. I am using it for the first time so after a research I found that I have to do the stationary study for these components. I used 'Plane stress' under 2D approximation, Fixed constraint, and Boundary load at the external boundary of my structure. Now the problem is I am getting the error: Failed to find a solution. The relative error (0.69) is greater than the relative tolerance. There was a warning message from the linear solver. Iterative refinement triggered. Returned solution is not converged.

These same mesh settings workked for madal analysis of my structure under RF module. Why is it not working now. Maybe I am doing some other mistake. Kindly guide me. Thankyou.

0 Replies Last Post 12.03.2018, 00:41 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Amra Mehboob

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.