Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Set the transverse and longitudinal velocity distribution of supersonic molecule beam

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all! I want to add a neutral supersonic molecule beam with Guassian velocity distribution in x,y and z directions. For example, center velocity of x and y directions is 0 m/s and velocity spread is 20 m/s, center velocity of z direction is 500 m/s and velocity spread is 30 m/s. I use particle beam of particle tracing interface, but I don't know how to set velocity spread in initial transverse velocity and initial longitudinal velocity sections. I change the parameters of initial transverse velocity section but the transverse velocity and transverse velocity spread of initial molecule beam seem to be zero!! Thank you for any advice and suggestion!

0 Replies Last Post 04.03.2018, 09:54 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yang Borstel

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.