Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

undefined variable comp.2.ht.rhoref, coupling between heat transfer and laminar flow after upgrade to 5.3a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I m modelling a coupling between heat tranfer and laminar flaw using a nitf multiphysics coupling. My model runs welll in 5.3 but when i use 5.3a an erro msg comes out as if the solver can not find the reference density though it is set to be taken from ht interface.

error: undefined variable. -variable: comp1.ht.rhoref -Geometry: 11 Failed to evaluae the Jacobian of expression : dvol(((-comp1.ht.Ceff)comp1.ht.timeDerivative )Comp1.ht.

Can anyone give me a quick hint?

Regards,

3 Replies Last Post 12.03.2018, 04:36 GMT-4

Posted: 6 years ago 09.03.2018, 16:26 GMT-5

Hi Habimana, I am facing a similar issue while trying to solve coupled phase change problem. Also, as you said your model did run in 5.3 right, if you don't mind could you kindly share the file with me

Hi Habimana, I am facing a similar issue while trying to solve coupled phase change problem. Also, as you said your model did run in 5.3 right, if you don't mind could you kindly share the file with me

Posted: 6 years ago 10.03.2018, 00:00 GMT-5
Updated: 6 years ago 10.03.2018, 00:00 GMT-5

Hi Sai Phani Kiran Hota,

Have you found a way to solve the issue?

Hi Sai Phani Kiran Hota, Have you found a way to solve the issue?

Nicolas Huc COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 12.03.2018, 04:36 GMT-4

Dear Habimana, dear Sai Phani Kiran Hota,

Could you send a repeat model to the support and address it to me ? I'll be happy to check the issue and help to find a solution,

Best regards, Nicolas

Dear Habimana, dear Sai Phani Kiran Hota, Could you send a repeat model to the support and address it to me ? I'll be happy to check the issue and help to find a solution, Best regards, Nicolas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.