Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use a previous solution of a set of equations as a function/variable in a new set of equations?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have a solutions for a set of equations. I want to check the stability of solution by adding perturbations about the solutions. e.g X1(x) +alpha(x) and X2(x)+ sigma(x) where x is the space variable, X1(x) and X2(x) are my original solutions and alpha(x) and beta(x) are perturbations. I will solve for alpha(x) and beta(x) in new set of equations. How can we define X1(x) and X2(x) as variables such that they are solutions of previous set of equations and take values from a data table or file or any other way?

-------------------
KB

1 Reply Last Post 07.02.2018, 07:06 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 07.02.2018, 07:06 GMT-5

Hi,

Use an expression containing the withsol() operator to pick values from another solution. For more information, see the user's guide. There are also a number of threads on this forum, if you search for 'withsol'.

Regards,

Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, Use an expression containing the withsol() operator to pick values from another solution. For more information, see the user's guide. There are also a number of threads on this forum, if you search for 'withsol'. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.