Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to setup output funcitons from second-order system equations?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

[Hi all, I have a problem about how to setup the output function about second-order system equations,such as in elctro-thermal- structure analysis. I know use "mphstate" ,it can output the C and D matrix through creating a domain point probe, then can setup output function in state-space system: y=Cx+Du, and use"mphmatrix", we can get the E(mass),K(stiffness),D(damping) matrix and L(load vector), but I do not know how to set up C and D which I needed in my Comsol models about electro-thermal-structure analysis ? I use "Joule heating and thermal expansion" to simulate my MEMS model, and I guess the system equations maybe second-order ODEs and do not decribed as state-sapce system, so in this case "mphstate" will not valid. So how to get C and D? Is it possible in the "Joule heating and thermal expansion" study? Thanks

]

2 Replies Last Post 19.02.2018, 01:58 GMT-5

Posted: 6 years ago 30.01.2018, 12:09 GMT-5

Hi ,does anybody help me about the questions? I wander how to get the input and output matrix from Comsol, thanks

Hi ,does anybody help me about the questions? I wander how to get the input and output matrix from Comsol, thanks

Posted: 6 years ago 19.02.2018, 01:58 GMT-5

Hi, I am facing a similar problem. I am unable to extract state space matrices of a second order system. The command 'mphstate' is valied only for first order state space systems. Kindly help me with this.

Hi, I am facing a similar problem. I am unable to extract state space matrices of a second order system. The command 'mphstate' is valied only for first order state space systems. Kindly help me with this.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.