Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with variables (time function)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with creation of variables (injection of concentration) for simulation with multiphysics flow and mass transfer. I returned to the COMSOL after seven years, I used COMSOL v. 3.5 ago. I'm a little confused in today's vesrion 5.3. I repeat my old examples and find that not all things work. Especially for determination of RTD (Residence Time Distribution) The variables for concentration peak injection: c_in = c_0*exp(-(t[1/2]-3)^2) using in old version, it can not be used in the new version. Does exist some other way for injection of concentration peak? Thanks

Pavel

2 Replies Last Post 02.01.2018, 09:34 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 02.01.2018, 09:09 GMT-5

Hello Pavel,

The "[1/2]" part in your expression looks suspicious. Perhaps you meant to type "[1/s]" or similar?

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Pavel, The "[1/2]" part in your expression looks suspicious. Perhaps you meant to type "[1/s]" or similar? Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 02.01.2018, 09:34 GMT-5

Hello Pavel,

The "[1/2]" part in your expression looks suspicious. Perhaps you meant to type "[1/s]" or similar?

Best,

Jeff

Yes, thank you very much. I red my old handwritten notes and I made a mistake :-)

>Hello Pavel, > >The "[1/2]" part in your expression looks suspicious. Perhaps you meant to type "[1/s]" or similar? > >Best, > >Jeff Yes, thank you very much. I red my old handwritten notes and I made a mistake :-)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.