Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The problem of electric field distribution of gaussian beam with spherical geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I make a model of laser heating by using scattering boundary condition to input the formula of gaussian beam in the electric field, which is E=E0w0/w(x)exp(-(y^2+z^2)/w(x)^2)exp(-iatan(x/x0)+ik0(y^2+z^2)/(2R(x)))exp(ik0x). The problem is the last one ,exp(ik0x).I set the original point in the position of waist. The distance between the position of waist and the spherical surface of the geometry is 100mm. It is quite a gap when I use exp(ik0100) to replace exp(ik0x) whether it's a temperature distribution or an electric field distribution. but when I change the geometry to a plane structure, I can get the same results between exp(ik0100) and exp(ik0x) . But I don't know why? Thank you very much.

1 Reply Last Post 08.11.2017, 21:19 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 08.11.2017, 21:19 GMT-5

Sorry,the formula of the electric field distribution of the gaussian beam was wrong in the problem submitted. It should be E = E0 *w0 / w(x) exp( - (y ^ 2 + z ^ 2)/ w( x)^ 2)exp(i atan(x / x0)- i k0(y ^ 2 + z ^ 2)/(2 R(x))) exp(-i k0 x)

Sorry,the formula of the electric field distribution of the gaussian beam was wrong in the problem submitted. It should be E = E0 *w0 / w(x) exp( - (y ^ 2 + z ^ 2)/ w( x)^ 2)exp(i atan(x / x0)- i k0(y ^ 2 + z ^ 2)/(2 R(x))) exp(-i k0 x)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.