Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Post processing in Particle tracing simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am currently simulating a Ferrohydrodynamic problem by using a particle tracing module. Here I am introducing some ferrous particles in the inlet of a tube which is carrying a laminar flow of water and then by using two magnets I am trying to propel those ferrous particles throughout the tube. I am encountering the following problems: 1. I am trying to export "Particle velocity magnitude (fpt.V) and Particle Velocity, x component (fpt.vx) by creating an excel sheet export file in Data 1 and Data 2 respectively located under "Export" tab. It is continuously generating an error with a domain problem. This domain is basically the surrounding air.

1. Though my solution is fully converged and I can very well see the pressure and velocity plots of the solution but while creating animations of the simulation of particles moving from inlet to outlet the animation stops in the middle of the simulation. I have tried many time steps in the solution to capture the whole simulation but it is not working.

Any suggestion will be very helpful and appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post 04.10.2017, 11:46 GMT-4
Nicholas Goldring Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 04.10.2017, 11:46 GMT-4

Hi Arka,

I've had success exporting velocity data recently, what exactly is the error message? Also, if you can upload the model file, I'll take a look and see if I'm able to export the data.

-------------------
Nick
Hi Arka, I've had success exporting velocity data recently, what exactly is the error message? Also, if you can upload the model file, I'll take a look and see if I'm able to export the data.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.