Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Semiconductor Joule Heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to set up Joule heating on my simple PN junction model made of GaAs. I set up the heating properties identically with the built-in COMSOL model "bipolar transistor thermal" under devices in the semiconductor module.

I keep getting an error when I try to compute the final simulation called "thermal coupling" that is supposed to couple the semiconductor and heat transfer module together. I have included a screenshot of the error message.

I can't seem to figure out why this is is happening. My boundary conditions look to all be setup correctly. I would really appreciate any suggestions and feedback on this. Thank you in advance for the responses!

My project file was too big to directly attach here, so I have included a dropbox download link!

www.dropbox.com/s/7msoml09pbrprrn/Laser%20Chip%20-%20Pre%20thermal%20coupling%20%28semi.Q_tot%29.mph?dl=0

0 Replies Last Post 30.06.2017, 16:22 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Waleed Ahmed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.