Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reoriented Potential Mixing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am trying to simulate the "Reoriented Potential Mixing" flow in the porous media with unsteady Darcy's law physic.
My model is a 2D circle and has four source-sink pairs which located at the circumference. The position between one pair to another pair differs 45 degrees. The expected scheme is below:

1. At time 0 - 4 day, Pair 1 active and remaining pairs not active.
2. Time 4 - 8 day, pair 2 active and remaining pairs not active.
3. Time 8 - 12 day, pair 3 active and remaining pairs not active.
4. Time 12 - 16 day, pair 4 active and remaining pairs not active.

The fluid only flows from the activated pair.

I have a problem on simulating the model as above scheme. My current result is when the Pair 1 active, the fluid flows from the Pair 1, Pair 2, and Pair 3. The expected result is the fluid only flowing from the Pair 1.

I used if function in the Mass Source domain to define the time function of each pair:
Pair 1: if(t<4[d],0.5,0)
Pair 2: if(4[d]<=t<8[d],0.5,0)
Pair 3: if(8[d]<=t<12[d],0.5,0)
Pair 4: if(t>=12[d],0.5,0)

I would like to know why the Pair in my model is not working as my expectation and how can I fix it? Please kindly let me know. I have been trying to work on this thing for more than two weeks. Please feel free to give suggestion if you think the model can be improved by doing it in any other way.

Thank you for your kind attention

0 Replies Last Post 27.05.2017, 09:37 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jalu Naradi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.