Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting results along the curve

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I´m starting with Comsol and I need help. I want to plot results (stress) along the curve (but not line) so, that I have a 2D Graph - stress dependent on the curve. Thank for the help

--
sebik

1 Reply Last Post 11.05.2017, 09:53 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 11.05.2017, 09:53 GMT-4
Is the curve part of your geometry, or an arbitrary curve?

If an arbitrary curve, you can define your curve using a Parametric Curve 2D/3D dataset, then use that dataset as a source for the plot. You can specify the resolution of points along this curve when you create the curve.

If part of your geometry, use the line graph and select the edge in your geometry, (this is unlikely to produce smooth results).

Mesh density and Mesh order (linear/quad etc...) will dictate the smoothness of the plot. You may want to consider a mesh control domain (virtual geometry operation) to enhance the mesh in your region of interest.
Is the curve part of your geometry, or an arbitrary curve? If an arbitrary curve, you can define your curve using a Parametric Curve 2D/3D dataset, then use that dataset as a source for the plot. You can specify the resolution of points along this curve when you create the curve. If part of your geometry, use the line graph and select the edge in your geometry, (this is unlikely to produce smooth results). Mesh density and Mesh order (linear/quad etc...) will dictate the smoothness of the plot. You may want to consider a mesh control domain (virtual geometry operation) to enhance the mesh in your region of interest.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.