Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cannot find mli directory for livelink for matlab setup

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to run a Matlab file that someone else made in COMSOL 4.3 but when I try to run mphstart it gives me the error, undefined function or variable mphstart. I had a look at the setup instructions and it says to add the path COMSOL4.3b/mli

For me COMSOL is installed in C:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL52\Multiphysics but I cannot find the mli folder anywhere.

When I go into Licensed and used products inside COMSOL, LiveLink for Matlab is listed under other products.

Is there a way to check that LiveLink is installed correctly? Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 10.05.2017, 16:08 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 10.05.2017, 16:08 GMT-4
Updated: 7 years ago 17.05.2017, 14:29 GMT-4

When I go into Licensed and used products inside COMSOL, LiveLink for Matlab is listed under other products.

It sounds like you do not have LiveLink for MATLAB on that license, or at least not installed. I would suggest checking on that with your system administrator or your COMSOL rep (www.comsol.com/contact).

Best,
Jeff

[QUOTE] When I go into Licensed and used products inside COMSOL, LiveLink for Matlab is listed under other products. [/QUOTE] It sounds like you do not have LiveLink for MATLAB on that license, or at least not installed. I would suggest checking on that with your system administrator or your COMSOL rep (https://www.comsol.com/contact). Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.