Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solving simple microfluidic temporal study fails

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I have designed a 2D model looking like a circular volume with one input and output channel.
I have one physic (laminar flow) and 1 material (water).
I have set a laminar flow with a flow rate of 1mL/min (about 10^-8 m^3/s) as input and a null pressure as output.
I managed to compute the steady state, but the solver display an error while trying to compute a temporal simulation. I tried several times and time step but I always get the same message :
"
Echecs des tests d'erreur répétés. Une singularité a peut être été atteinte.
Temps : 0.
Le dernier pas de temps n'a pas convergé.
"

"
Repeated tests failed. A singularity might have been reached.
Time : 0
The last time step did not converged
"
Any suggestions ?
What can I attach that might help you spot the source of the issue ?
Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 28.04.2017, 10:47 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Laurent Thomas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.