Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is it possible to plot magnetic field wrto distance plot?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is it possible to plot magnetic field wrto distance plot?

1 Reply Last Post 24.03.2017, 12:39 GMT-4
Nicholas Goldring Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 24.03.2017, 12:39 GMT-4
You can certainly plot magnet field w.r.t. distance over any piece of your geometry. You must first create a data set based on the results of your solution - a cut line, edge, surface, volume, etc.. then you can create a plot under the results node - 1D, 2D, or 3D and choose to plot the magnetic field vs the geometry length on the data set you created. I don't know what your model looks like but a simple case would be to create a data set that chooses a 3D edge on the geometry under your solution data set. Then create a 1D plot and choose the edge you created; right click the 1d plot node that you created and choose line graph then set the y-axis to magnetic field and the x-axis to Xg, Yg, or Zg depending on the direction your edge points along. Alternatively, I think that Comsol will automatically set the x-axis to be along your edge in terms of arc-length. Hope that helps. Cheers.

Nick
You can certainly plot magnet field w.r.t. distance over any piece of your geometry. You must first create a data set based on the results of your solution - a cut line, edge, surface, volume, etc.. then you can create a plot under the results node - 1D, 2D, or 3D and choose to plot the magnetic field vs the geometry length on the data set you created. I don't know what your model looks like but a simple case would be to create a data set that chooses a 3D edge on the geometry under your solution data set. Then create a 1D plot and choose the edge you created; right click the 1d plot node that you created and choose line graph then set the y-axis to magnetic field and the x-axis to Xg, Yg, or Zg depending on the direction your edge points along. Alternatively, I think that Comsol will automatically set the x-axis to be along your edge in terms of arc-length. Hope that helps. Cheers. Nick

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.