Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

deposition in a pipe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOL- Users,

I’m trying to simulate a kind of deposition in a pipe. I would like to start from an infinitesimal thin pipe, that is included into an other pipe and get thicker in the middle, leading to a parabolic form of deposition to show reality as near as reasonably possible.
I think that it should be possible by subdividing that infinitesimal thin pipe and to create the time depended deposition by a combination of fixed meshes and free deformations. I can not figure out exactly, how I could construct a sub-divided moving over the sub-divided length of that pipe.

The example shows only the inner pipe I have mentioned.

Thanks a lot!
Julia

0 Replies Last Post 04.03.2017, 07:41 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Julia Weder

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.