Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Structural Mechanics Help File

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a question concerning a help file. I've got a Comsol licence for the "Heat Transfer Module" and the "MEMS-Module". The Mems Module contains several undergroups, for example the structural mechanics module.
My question is, why don't I have the help file for structural mechanics (smeug.pdf) even though I can use this module as an undergroup of MEMS. And is there a way to get this file from somewhere else (I can't find it on the Comsol homepage).

Thanks and kind regards,

Stephan

1 Reply Last Post 26.01.2011, 10:52 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 26.01.2011, 10:52 GMT-5
Hi

I assume it is because most of the structural documentation is repeated in the MEMS documentation, so you should have the essentials (I believe there are features in the structural that are NOT in the MEMS.

But the best is to get this explained in detail by your local rep

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I assume it is because most of the structural documentation is repeated in the MEMS documentation, so you should have the essentials (I believe there are features in the structural that are NOT in the MEMS. But the best is to get this explained in detail by your local rep -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.