Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Doubt regarding default parameters in COMSOL

Mekap Subhasish Pattanaik

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hiii all,

I need to know the way to figure out the available by default output values from different modules which can be used in COMSOL.

To make my statement clear, I am using the magnetic field no current interface and I saw from the code of my senior that he used the value of the field Hx and Hy for calculating magnetic volume force and in the variable section, called these Hx and Hy as mfnc.Hx and mfnc.Hy.

My query is how can I know that Hx and Hy is the output variable from this interface. Where can I see the possible outcomes of a particular module?? Similarly, for heat transfer module, how can I figure out the value of the parameters that I can call further in my code.

How to figure out the default parameters that we can get from different modules in COMSOL and call that later for defining another function?? - ResearchGate. Available from: www.researchgate.net/post/How_to_figure_out_the_default_parameters_that_we_can_get_from_different_modules_in_COMSOL_and_call_that_later_for_defining_another_function [accessed Jan 9, 2017].

2 Replies Last Post 10.01.2017, 03:04 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 10.01.2017, 03:00 GMT-5
Hi,

If the quantity you are looking for is available in the postprocessing menus, you will see the variable names there,

Alternatively, you can make a search as described in

www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/133412/

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, If the quantity you are looking for is available in the postprocessing menus, you will see the variable names there, Alternatively, you can make a search as described in https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/133412/ Regards, Henrik

Mekap Subhasish Pattanaik

Posted: 8 years ago 10.01.2017, 03:04 GMT-5
Thanks Henrik Sonnerlind.
Thanks Henrik Sonnerlind.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.