Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

A difficult PDE problem.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone

I have a problem in PDE that there are 2 two equations with different solve region.

the similar problem are:

du1/dx=x+u2
u1=10 when x=0
u1=30 when x=50

du2/dm=m*x
u2=0 when m=300
u2=u2 when m=800

Then how to handle it ?

The above are not my real equations because they are very complex. So I build a similar simple ones.

Thank you!

1 Reply Last Post 24.01.2011, 03:03 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.01.2011, 03:03 GMT-5
Hi

have you read the book of Zimmermann ? he gives some nice examples on solving PDE's with COMSOL, see the book link on the main site

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you read the book of Zimmermann ? he gives some nice examples on solving PDE's with COMSOL, see the book link on the main site -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.