Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inverse Heat Conduction to find thermal conductivity

Giovanni Giansiracusa

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody. I'm a Comsol user (basic level) and I want to obtain numerically the thermal conductivity of a material, knowing boundary heat flux and temperature values in several points. I've read other discussion about it but I can't really find how I have to do. I've read about several possibilities:
1. Optimization module (I haven't it);
2. Definition of a weak function containing the difference between measured values and numerical solution of temperature;
3. Implementation of algorithm in Matlab.

What is the best one?
I can open Comsol file with Matlab but I don't know how to move inside the script.
Could someone be more precise in explaining possibility 2 and 3?

Thanks for your help,

Giovanni

0 Replies Last Post 11.12.2016, 13:42 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giovanni Giansiracusa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.