Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Refering to variables in stop condition

Sara Marie Ambjorndalen

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I'm simulation ID wire, and evaluating the voltage over the wire at different time steps. I want the model to use a time-dependent solver, such that the simulation stops when Uwire reaches 0.1 V. The problem is that I do not know how to refer to the variable Uwire in the stop condition. I tried adding an event, but the same problem still persists. How to instruct COMSOL to stop simulating when Uwire reaches 0.1?

The model is too big to attach so please consult the picture.

1 Reply Last Post 17.11.2016, 03:51 GMT-5
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 17.11.2016, 03:51 GMT-5
Dear Sara

you would not need events in that case - a stop condition suffices.
I am not quite sure how you measure this voltage though.

More detailed answer could be given in our support when we see your file.
You can always use Study --> reset all solutions to make your file small.

Best regards,
Sven Friedel
Dear Sara you would not need events in that case - a stop condition suffices. I am not quite sure how you measure this voltage though. More detailed answer could be given in our support when we see your file. You can always use Study --> reset all solutions to make your file small. Best regards, Sven Friedel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.