Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Retrieving Postprocessing 'Points' Data via Matlab Command Line (3.5a)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Description:
I have a simulation running in 3.5a which uses the Solid-Stress Strain (smsld) and Moving Mesh ALE (ale) models. My geometry is a single slab of material (thin film rectanguloid) which has basic linear elastic material properties and I'm applying normal stress on one face (y-direction). (The other faces have rollers and the opposite face has planar symmetry boundary conditions.) I'm tracking how key vertices on the geometry moves with respect to the stress applied. Very simple stuff.

I currently retrieve these vertices' coordinates by using the 'File'>'Export Postprocessing Data' to export the 'Points' data (in the format of 'Nodes,elements,data' for the 'ale' frame) to text file. However, this has become tiresome to do by hand, and I'm attempting to implement a Matlab program to retrieve it.

Question:
How can I retrieve the same 'File'>'Export Postprocessing Data'>'Points' data (for ale frame) using Matlab command line?

So far, after running my fem.sol in my matlab script, I have tried various versions of:
--- COMSOL code snippet ---

%Obtain geometry from deformed mesh:
[fem2,gALE] = mesh2geom(fem,'srcdata','deformed','destfield','draw','frame','ale');

%Retrieve Coordinates of all the vertices in x,y,z tabular format; Notes: already tried 'mp'.
vertcoord = get(gALE,'vertex');

--- end of COMSOL code snippet ---

(where gALE is supposed to be the geometry derived from the ale' moving mesh.) I do get similar coordinates but they are not the same as the 'File'>'Export Postprocessing Data'>'Points' data.

I have searched for hours in the COMSOL Reference Guide and on this Forum for a solution. Does anyone know how to implement this? I would be very grateful.

0 Replies Last Post 21.10.2016, 17:51 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sachin Babu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.